Sunday, June 29, 2008

10 days after

my last post was from the night before Mackeil was born. that was ten days ago and a wild ten days it has been. in the spirit of my last post here are some things I have learned or "re-remembered" in the last ten days...
  • when changing a newborn baby boy's diaper you must be prepared for an inadvertent stream of liquid coming at you. I hear it's something about cold air. it is best to use the new diaper as a shield when this happens but sometimes your hand is your only defense.
  • there actually is a reason why some people keep a coffee pot next to their bed.
  • moms are incredible people. their capacity to love most likely can not be measured. moms, grandmoms, it doesn't matter, they can all kick it into overdrive.
  • it is amazing how quiet a house can seem when 2 of 4 kids leave for a night of vacation bible school. i forgot how quiet a house with just 2 kids can be.
  • even the love of a mom can be tested at 4am when a kid is awake and won't eat.
  • friends are really good. and some of the best friends are family.
  • paradoxically, it is both easy and hard to believe in total depravity when living with a newborn baby.
  • there is no good reason for me to be awake when I will most likely have to get up twice with Mackeil in the next 6.5 hours before starting my sunday.

No comments: