Tuesday, March 24, 2009

overheard at the Long house

a quick story from the Long household tonight...

I'm getting my youngest daughter out of the tub and I'm drying her off and she asks me if she looks like Mary. This is because I've often said that to her when the towel is wrapped over her head like a headdress when I'm drying her hair.

So tonight, she asks me, "do I look like Mary?", and I say, "yes, you do." I then walk her into her bedroom to get her pajamas on and she nonchalantly says, "Mary is hot."

what is a father supposed to say to that?

3 comments:

Kristi said...

Oh Beaky....how I love you so! lol

And the correct response is "Anna, you are beautiful" but I'm guessing she has enough self confidence that she already knows this lol ;)

Brian64 said...

Hey Ber,
Mary was "hot" huh? Hmm. Could be and we'll never know til heaven but I doubt we'll show up and say, "wow, she IS hot". I guess everyone will be hot there. Hot with glory :)

drewplaysdrums said...

So awesome.

These are the stories that make me almost look forward to fatherhood. :D