Saturday, January 19, 2008

perspective

This weekend I went to the Underground Network Conference. The Underground Network is a newly formed coalition of churches united by the prophetic call to love the poor, reach the lost and seek biblical justice. The purpose is to facilitate a community of support, accountability, cooperation and creativity between coalition churches and their leaders.


During the opening session the speaker suggested that the prevailing “the world is going to Hell in a hand basket” mentality is not very helpful or Biblical. This caught my attention because my last post was about the reality of our society and how day-time television portrays that.

We are not called to be unaware of the darkness that envelops this world, but it does not help to sit on the sideline and just watch it continue to spread. We are called to jump into the fight and bring light into the dark places. Day-time television reveals the darkness that exists in our hearts, But will I sit and wait for the walls to come crashing down or will I thrust myself into the fray, fighting, giving and sacrificing everything I have to see Light conquer darkness? Time will tell.

No comments: