Monday, April 14, 2008

Better Together

We really are better together.

For over a year now I've been telling myself that I would find time and start to work with children in some kind of after-school program here in Gainesville. It just seemed like an appropriate way for me to help out and serve in a practical way. The problem is, I let myself get so busy that it has sat on my goals for the last 16 months or so and I've never moved forward with it. I've made multiple commitments without much action at all beyond a couple of conversations with the right people. I was starting to feel pathetic and like I was all talk.

Maybe I still am... but tonight at our small group we decided to make helping underprivileged kids in our community our primary mission. We're not exactly sure what that will look like but several of us have a connection to a particular after-school program that is getting started in Gainesville. I think that together with my community this will finally happen. I never got the ball rolling by myself but with my friends pushing alongside I believe this goal of mine will come to fruition. I love it when a plan comes together.

1 comment:

D. S. Long Construction, Inc. said...

"I love it when a plan comes together"