Sunday, April 27, 2008

SharpTop and my wandering mind

tomorrow morning my family and I leave for SharpTop Cove, a YoungLife camp in north Georgia. They will be there one week with me and then I will stay on for a second week. I can't wait to get there. It's always a great time and the chance to pour into students 24/7 makes it one of my favorite parts of the year.

I've been thinking about (though probably not very intelligibly)
1. the nature of repenting versus merely reforming
2. the Holy Spirit and what exactly it means to be filled with the Holy Spirit
3. the worship of Money "or the god Mammon" as John White would say. Here's a quote from the Pathway of Holiness:

"You worship whomever you trust. Most of us trust Money more than we trust God. It hit me when God once said to me, 'When I ask you to give money to someone and tell you how much to give, do not consider how much you will have left, I will take care of you! You are to trust me not the money you have left in your account!'"

wow, that kicked me in the pants.

1 comment:

Kristi said...

Holy crap Berry. You read my mind.

Thanks for posting this.